My first blog!

Hi! I'm Stella Book, a Skulduggery Pleasant, Artemis Fowl and dog fanatic, and this is my first blog for my stories, songs, anime art, poems, photos and book reviews. I love writing, reading, drawing, singing, writing and reading poems, composing and taking photographs!

Search This Blog

Saturday 7 July 2012

Happy Summer Holiday!

To celebrate the start of my Summer Holiday, here is Chapter 6 of My Dragon Story! I do want to apologize for two aspects of this story, by the way- the very short chapters (and this chapter is probably the shortest of all) and the Eragony mind-reading thing. However, I did think up of the idea of this story before I read Eragon. Happy summer, everyone!

I closed my thoughts to him so I could think in private. In a proper pairing, wouldn’t both sides want to share all their thoughts? They would have to be in perfect harmony to be a pair, so this thoughts-sharing-thing would really work. But what if they wanted to speak out loud? I opened my thoughts again.
Can you speak? I mean, to people who aren’t your Spires?”
“Of course I can speak. Well, only to other dragons. I don’t need to speak to humans until I have my Spire, and then my Spire can translate. If I want to speak to other dragons, I do this:”
They he gave a sort of quiet roar, loud enough so I could hear him but quiet enough not to wake the whole city.
“You understand that? There’s like a dragon language? That’s so cool!”
I had always liked linguistics, and I liked that they had their own language.
“I just made a polite greeting to an elder or otherwise superior in dragon language. There are twenty different types of greeting. I would use that greeting to someone who had a higher job position and was older than me. ” 
I was enthralled, and wanted him to tell me more, but then we started to dip downwards towards the center of the city. I was a bit disappointed; I loved flying; it had the most euphoric feeling. I supposed it would be even better for Landa, as he was paired with Thracnaw. When he came back, I would be redundant, left to go home and face a normal boring life. I had always wanted adventure, and I was getting it, but how could I turn my back on all of this when my adventure was over? We landed with a bump in a square in front of the three big buildings. I slid down Thracnaw’s back, feeling the elation of flying wearing off, onto the nice bouncy ground.
‘Now,’ he thought to me, ‘we must go to see the Grade Queen Pair’


No comments:

Post a Comment